Friday, March 2, 2007

Groundhog: Providing false hopes to the northern hemisphere since ancient times!!

DO I LOOK LIKE CAN IPREDICT THE WEATHER???

Does this charming little creature look like it can predict the weather? Although cute, the answer is still no! I can get Smokey to predict the weather too!! I am sure chinchillas are as credible as groundhogs...eventhough groundhogs and their "mystical" powers have been perfecting the art giving people false hopes since the ancient pagan times.

In case anyone was wondering I think that I may have a little problem with Groundhog day this year...I realize that it was a month ago exactly, but I believe that it means that there should only be 6 weeks of winter left if in fact he did see his shadow. Which he did not therefore we should have early spring . Wiarton Willy is our groundhog, he is an albino/white "rodent", he lives in a castle in Wiarton, we did not choose him or vote for him, he is geographically closest to us therefore we are stuck with him... ! Well mr groundhog there is only about 2 or 3 weeks of winter left , anyway, and it does not seem to be spring-ish quite yet. So I think that you were very wrong! Oh and by the way, how does the mayor of the town know if the groundhog saw anything, and what exactly that may have been. Is there some kind of secret g-hog language that I may not be aware of... the secret g-hogish language?
Today (Thursday) we were greeted with a lovely snow storm (which provoked this little gem of a rant), it was more like icy, wet, heavy, snow chunks, falling from the sky at a very rapud rate. Within an hour the streets were covered, doors and windows were nicely iced over. It is just fantastic. It took 2 hours to get fom work to home (oh yeah I left work early, and apparently everybody had that very same idea at the same time as me!!) on a normal day work to home takes about 20 minutes!! hmm..very interesting indeed.

This is a view of a plaza drive way (taken fromt he car of course)
Lovely isn't it!!
The trees in this picture must have cold feet since the snow is trying to bury them.

Well I think that I am now done ranting about the Groundhogs for the day!!!

Dinner was delicious as well ( sorry no pic's) . We had some nice veggie soup with a clear broth and some very thinly sliced seitan salami, and some angle hair noodles. The seitan salami was great in the soup it got nice and soft while it was boiling in the broth, let me tell you this soup will be had again! Oh did I mention that I am a soup fiend?? aha

Back to shoveling snow...(and I will avoid a rant about the shoveling and snow plow connection, I will save that for the next snow day!! I have ranted enough for today!)

Toodles



No comments: