Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Kraut Brothers Review...mmm (finally)

It has been a hectic few days....so....time to catch up!!!

First off... The Kraut Brothers Meatless Smoked Bratwurst...I am always a excited and a little weary of trying new fake meat products because you just never know what to expect. To this day my favourite faux hotdogs have been the Veggie Patch hotdogs. They were a brief occurence here in Canada, They had them at the local Costco, for a few months last summer, (they also carried their burgers, ground, and meat balls) I think that all they have left now is ground and nuggets (?). Anyway they were amazing. I have never in my life been so excited to eat hotdogs in my life...and now they are gone. So along came Kraut Brothers... I had seen them in some odd location on the net...and then there they were at Whole Foods (oh how we love thee and thou money taking abilities!! he he). So the only rational thing to do...buy and eat, and so it was.
This is the package (they are locted in the freezer section), Kraut Brothers is part of Flora Health.



This is the finished/cooked product ( finished does not exactly look like that...) I left in the pan a little too long...ooops but still delicious!!

The bratwursts were rather fantastic (it is very odd for me to call them by their proper name because, I am born and raised German, faux meat by real meat name very strange ha ha). They were beyond fantastic, even though they were a little on the "almost" burned side, very nice, moist, flavourful and filling! I am just glad that they are bratwursts and not hot dogs, so that I don't have to choose between Veggie Patch and Kaut Brothers...

I followed the cooking instructions on the bag ( sautee in pan with a little oil...)

On the side we each had a massive salad, ( romaine, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, and a yummy dressing (my own creation...ground flax, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, grey poupon mustard (it always makes me laugh...), agave... If you want the full recipe let me know!!


A fantastic meal, and very filling.

Hubby Rating: Brats: they pretty good, a big 8 out of 10.. , 10 out of 10 for the salad based on the dressing alone...Wow.

What I learned today: focus on the stuff in the pan, not the thing on the other side of the room...hmm...I think that would equal a few less blackened brats...

1 comment:

Dilip said...

Tell us more about Kraut products. Are they soy-based? Thanks!